Tuesday, April 26, 2011


I haven't blogged in a while. It must be finals week. My one and only final was yesterday, and it was a load of crap. The study guide was completely useless, and the questions were nearly impossible. Each of my classmates had a little fit as they exited the classroom into the hallway where we all gathered to commiserate. NO GOOD! I'm pretty sure that even if I failed the final, I can still pass the class. String literature is not a class I'd be excited about retaking.

U of U Lyric Opera rehearsals are in full force this week. Every night from 7 to 10:30, I'll be in the pit in front of the Kingsbury stage, playing my little continuo cello heart out. Do you like opera? Come see Monteverdi's The Coronation of Poppea at Kingsbury Hall this weekend.

String Juries are Monday morning. I think I actually feel good about my preparation this semester! (woot!) And then I have an 18 page paper on the symmetry of Bartok's tonality in his 5th string quartet due by next Wednesday. Oi. Time to hit the books, yeah?

AND THEN.... Nathan and I are embarking on an epic road trip! I am so excited for a vacation. We are driving to Texas! We'll hit up San Antonio and Austin to visit Nathan's favorite places from his mission. Then, we'll stop by the Grand Canyon (which neither of us has ever been to) on our way to Las Vegas to see his brother-in-law graduate from PhD school. Lots of driving? Yes, absolutely! But also lots of good time to spend together and lots of fun memories to be made, and cool places to see. Bring on the open road!!

But before all of that, HAPPY FINALS WEEK!


4 comments:

Adam B said...

Cheers! 4 down and 2 to go for me...but after Thursday I only have one year left! Hooray!!! See you on Saturday? Good luck.

Ashley said...

Yay for trips to Texas! I'm excited for you guys that you get to go! Good luck with finals. You'll do so well, I'm sure!!

Here And Happy! said...

Finals are pooh...go to Texas and forget about it. Nobody asks your GPA ever again. It isn't even tactful (at least that's what I'm trying to convince myself!) I'd love to see the opera.

Erin the Mom said...

I love following your blog, J! I just started one this week at:

http://allthingserin.blogspot.com/

Love, -Rin