Friday, January 27, 2012

We're So Boring!

I haven't written in the good ol' blog for too long!  But what is there to write about when not much is going on around here?  Here is what I'm hoping will be a fun version of what could potentially be a really boring update.  Don't pictures usually make things more interesting?  

First of all, I've been doing a LOT of cello teaching!  My good friend and awesome cello teacher, Carey Cheney, has been galavanting around New Zealand all month, and while she has been gone, I have taken over one days worth of her stellar cello students.  My Wednesdays have been busy with 4 of my students, plus 5 of hers, but it has been a total blast!  I also had the amazing opportunity to substitute teach the cellists of my alma mater, Utah State University, while their mother hen was galavanting around Brazil.  Someday I'll be the fancy cellist doing the galavanting, but in the mean time, I sure have a blast teaching in their absence!  

Nathan and I have both been really busy with school- mostly Nathan, which is awesome!  I'm so proud of him and how hard he is studying this semester.  I feel like I might finally be getting the hang of the delicate balance between giving enough time to school while also spending enough time with my husband.  

I got a haircut!  It's about 7 inches shorter, with layers and BANGS! You can't tell from the picture, cause I pinned them back today, but they are there and always in my face.  :) This is a fun new change, and I really like it.  This might sound kind of crazy, but I just told the stylist to do what ever she thought would look really cute.  And I think she did a really good job.  


AND.... we bought a new car!  It's a 2011 Toyota Carolla.  It looks just like the one in the picture, but white.  Nathan had to do a lot of convincing, but we decided to sell our salvaged Chevy Cavalier- which was getting old, and almost had 100,000 miles, and was probably on the verge of being unreliable.  We got a great deal on the new car- 0% interest for 5 years, and a $1,000 rebate since I graduated from a University in the last 2 years.  The new car is way fun to drive.  A cello fits better in the back, with 4 doors instead of 2. (And I suppose a car seat will fit better for the same reason- when the time comes).  It gets great gas mileage!  And hopefully it will last us for many many years.  I'm a happy driver.  And now we are a two Carolla family! 



Basically, we're pretty boring.  But I wanted to let the blogging world know that we are alive and happy!  If anything cooler than this comes along, we'll definitely keep you posted.  :) 

3 comments:

lynsie said...

yay for a new car. so i guess instead of selling the toyota you baought another one. that works too. i hope all is going well for you we need to catch up some time. call me if nathan is ever busy studying or gone. steve is gone all this month and next so i havelots of chatting time avalible.

The Beckstroms said...

We love the update, not boring at all. It's nice to read about all that is going on since we don't see you guys everyday! Do you guys ever have any food at your house :) Yea for a fun new car, drive ours and you will think you won the lottery when you drive yours again!
Love you guys! Olive still walks around and randomly says, "Jamilyn and Nathan?" and wants to play.

Stephi said...

Hey jamilyn! I just wanted to say hi and, that's not boring! It sounds great. Love you!