Monday, June 11, 2012

5K!

June 9, 2012
7:00 am
2nd Annual Cancer Thrasher 5k


Thanks sister Erin for running with me!  
(Also sis and bro-in-law Matt and Cassie)

We ran the entire race, even the gigantic hill
We beat our practice run time
And we remembered our Mom

On a chilly June morning, I finished a goal that I started.
I thought about thrashing cancer 
and about persevering when things get tough. 

I think I could become a runner
for health
for fun
and for the thrill of finishing!

** I think I ran a lot faster due to my new Nike Air shoes! 

6 comments:

Brit said...

way to go, J!!!!

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

So proud of you!

Melissa K. said...

Sweet! {We need to meet up this summer or so help me!}

cuzimmom said...

Good for you!!! I'm sure your Mom was with you every step (or jog) of the way. Love ya!

Godfrey's said...

That is awesome! Congrats!

Cassie said...

It was fun! We will have to do more races together :)