Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Happy 2014!

I feel like I better write my New Year post before January is over!

2013 was an awesome year! I spent almost all of it growing a human, and then figuring out how to keep that little human alive and happy.  I didn't get much done as far as school goes.  I didn't exercise much at all.  I even gained an awesome 36 pounds.  But I DID read a ton of books and articles about natural childbirth and parenthood.  I tried to overcome my selfish and whiney pregnant tendencies.  And I birthed a darling healthy baby without any compromising pain medications.  And that's one of the biggest accomplishments of my life.  


2014 feels completely different than 2013.  Clementine has completely changed everything.  Life isn't about me anymore- it is all about taking care of her and keeping her healthy and happy.  She is a big ol' life lesson in putting someone else's needs before my own.  I'm learning patience and creativity and how to SLOW DOWN my pace.  It's really good for me.  


This year, some exciting things are going to happen.  I am going to FINALLY finish my lecture recital and dissertation and finish my DMA degree at the U once and for all.  After 10 years of post-highschool education, it's going to be reeeeeally nice to be finished.  

Nathan is also going to graduate from Ameritech College in August and start a real life nursing job.  That's going to be awesome too.  One stepping stone closer to becoming a Woman's Health Nurse Practitioner. Yesssss.  

And we're going to pay off a huge chunk of our student loans.  One stepping stone closer to saving up a downpayment for a house.  Woot.  

This year, Clementine will learn to roll all the way over, crawl, walk, eat solid food, and probably even talk a little.  By the end of the year, she won't be a baby any more, she'll be a little toddler!  What??  This is a huge year for her!  

On New Year's Eve, we filled out these little resolution worksheets and we have them hanging on the fridge.  My word for 2014 is SELF-DISCIPLINE!  I need to be disciplined with my time, especially!  Time is an easy thing to waste, but I have too much to get done and too much of it is flying by too fast to twiddle my thumbs. 

 I'm excited for a great new year.  Bring it on, 2014!  

No comments: