Thursday, February 6, 2014

Real Parenthood

I feel like Nathan and I have been inducted into real parenthood this week.  Because we have both been majorly pooped on within the past few days.  Once while Clementine and I were enjoying a relaxing night time bath together. And twice in a row while Nathan was changing her diaper before bed.  Two posh Pampers wasted.  :)

You know that you seriously love your baby when you are sitting in her poopy water and you still think that she is the cutest baby in the world.  Never thought that I would feel that way.  Ever.

In other Clementine news, she is on her third day of experimenting with rice cereal!  She had her 4 month birthday and well-baby check up on Monday.  She is still tall and thin like the Daddy- 66% for height and 17% for weight.  Although Dr. Witt isn't worried about her weight, he wants us to get going on the solid food to see if we can chunk her up a bit.  I was worried that she wouldn't be ready yet- everything that I have read (yes, I still read obsessively about baby needs) says that you should definitely wait until they are 6 months old before starting solids.  But the verdict is in- she loves it!  She smiles and opens her little mouth for each bite.  And it's darling, even with rice cereal dripping down her chin.  

1 comment:

Erin the Mom said...

Hyrum was TOTALLY ready for rice cereal at 4 months. Ammon, however, is still having a hard time with ANYTHING but formula at 8 1/2 months! He DID decide he likes cheerios this week, but not if we give them to him. Everything that goes into his mouth has to be his doing, else he spits it right back out. Makes for very messy and unproductive meal times. :( Are you guys ready to have your baby food maker and recipe book back?