Saturday, April 12, 2014

DONE… almost

9,926 words
34 pages
34 footnotes
27 sources cited
3 months of research
2 weeks of writing
1st draft of my dissertation… submitted!

15 years of cello lessons
5 cello teachers
3 university programs
7 solo recitals
(heaven knows how many millions of hours of practicing)
1 doctoral lecture recital… completed!

All thats left to do is complete any revisions to my dissertation that my graduate committee sees necessary, and then defend it (what ever that entails?) on April 28.

I think I just might graduate this semester.

And then I insist that you all call me Doctor Morris.
Or Jamilyn Morris, D.M.A.

6 comments:

Elisa & Josh said...

What a huge accomplishment to be almost done!! You're amazing.

Laura said...

Congratulations! An amazing accomplishment in deed!

Grandma Susie said...

Yippee! I will be happy to call you Dr. Morris:)

Blake said...

Your final recital and lecture were awesome. I was very proud and I'm sure that your mother was too! Well done.

Blake said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa K. said...

So great Jamilyn! YOU AMAZE ME!