Wednesday, June 18, 2014

What are we up to?

What is Jamilyn up to?
… having fun browsing the internet looking for pet-friendly 2 bedroom apartments.  Even though we aren't moving until December, it is really fun for me to start looking.
… started going on a daily walk with Clementine, Sam and Emma.  It's nice to get the ol' heart rate up more than it has been lately.  I signed up for a 5k in 6 weeks, so I guess I should probably start running soon.
… getting excited to teach at the University of Utah Preparatory Division String Summer Camp next week.  I wish the program director would be better at communicating because I still don't know specific times or curriculum I'm expected to teach.  Details, right?
… loving spending the day with Clementine, playing peek-a-boo, reading "That's Not My Dolly," and trying new foods.  Cucumber was her new discovery today.
… enjoying the low-key schedule of teaching only 11 summer cello students.

What is Nathan up to?
… getting ready to ride in his first ever cycling race, The Huntsman 140.  He surpassed his $500 fundraising goal and is so grateful for all the support he is receiving.  He is having a lot of fun training for this race.  He has quite an awesome farmer's tan from his time spent riding.
… working hard at his last semester of nursing school at Ameritech College.  He stays busy with his capstone and full time school schedule, plus service hours.
… enjoying his  job as a unit assistant at the Huntsman Cancer Hospital.  He likes his coworkers and the downtime he gets to work on homework.  This job makes him excited to be a nurse soon.
… reading The Flash comic books and geeking out over his new The Flash cycling jersey.
… missing his little lady Clementine and wishing he had more time to spend with her.  It seems like when ever he is home, she is asleep.  Another reason to be excited to be done with nursing school.

What is Clementine up to?
… mastering the art of the army crawl.  Rolling is still her quickest mode of transportation, but she's getting pretty good at scooting around on her belly.
… loving any opportunity to play.  Whether it is banging on pots and pans while Mom makes dinner, blowing bubbles in the back yard, rolling around on the floor with Samson, or dumping out the entire contents of her toy box and scattering it around the living room floor, she is having a blast.
… sleeping like a champ, all night long and with consistent naps throughout the day.  I thank my lucky stars all of the time that we have a good sleeper here.
… being happy.  She's a happy little ray of sunshine almost all of the time.  Exceptions are made for when she is hungry or tired.
… cuddling, which is new.  Up until now, she has been more likely to push away from a hug, but this week, she has started reaching up for me and snuggling into my chest when I hold her.  It warms my heart every time she does it.


1 comment:

Erin the Mom said...

I love it that Clementine hugs now. She is such a CUTE little girl! Love her.