Monday, June 29, 2009

Is It Really Almost July?!

...Yes it is.  And that is kind of crazy to me.  

I was just starting to think that the end of Nathan's mission is coming up soon... which means the end of waiting is coming soon.  He has just under 9 months left!!!  BUT then I got to thinking.  I've only lived in Kalamazoo for 10 months- and it seems like I've lived here forever.  *sigh* Thus we can see that Nathan still has forever left to teach and serve Texas, and I still have forever to wait.  

BUT IT'S OKAY! 

I had my first official day of work this morning.  Like I said before, exactly the same program as NES, but more organized and monitored, and therefore a much less stressful environment.  The two consumers that I serve are simply golden.  They just need a lot of help, that's all.  

I've worn glasses since I was 16 months old.  And since then, I've had my eye appointments at Salt Lake Clinic.  But now I live in Michigan and for the first time since I was tiny, I had to turn my eyes over to the care of a new ophthalmologist.  And guess what, it wasn't a bad experience!  Actually, he DID have to do this test where he flipped my eyelids inside out- that was a bad experience- but he was very good and thorough with my eye issues.  And guess what.  I have an eye infection.  So instead of wearing contacts like normal, I get to wear my super geek bottle cap glasses for the next two weeks, while applying goopy and sticky ointment twice a day.  I am a HOT MESS!

But on the bright side, my prescription improved... so I got to order new glasses!  That's always an exciting day.  I picked a fun little DKNY cat-eye-ish pair, after long deliberation and recommendations from the Pearl Vision associate.  Too bad there aren't any LensCrafters around Kalamazoo... now instead of having to wait an hour or so for my new glasses, I have to wait 2 WEEKS!  

I seem to have a lot to complain about today.  Man, sorry!

HEY GUESS WHAT?!  I'm moving!!!  That's exciting, huh?  It's not a big move.  I'm still going to be in the same awesome Yellow House in the same awesome historic neighborhood.  But I'm moving from my little main floor studio into an upstairs one bedroom apartment!  I'm SO excited to have an OVEN again!  And a roommate!  I'll be living with a friend from church named Trish.  We signed the lease yesterday, and so let the moving begin!  The funny part is that my studio was completely furnished, and this new apartment is completely NOT.  So also let the quest for inexpensive furniture begin!  Exciting, eh? 

I found a bike partner.  Regina Spektor and I were a mighty pair on the Kal Haven Saturday evening.  Good tunes, cool evening, and beautiful trail= wonderful weekend.  

Last night I went to the Lake Michigan beach, and I'm going back again tonight.  With my goopy eyes and glasses.  :) 

BUT IT'S OKAY!  

My Grandpa, the only one I had left, died Saturday morning.  And I'm not going back to Utah to go to the funeral.  And I feel like this makes me a bad granddaughter.  I also am going to miss the blessing of my nephew Samuel.  I'm failing at being a part of my family right now.  But my Mom is coming to visit at the end of this week, and that should help me feel more connected.  Maybe.  I'm excited to hang out with her and show her all of my favorite things about Michigan.  

AND IT'S ALMOST THE 4TH OF JULY!!!  MY FAVORITE!!!

I'm feeling kind of sad that I missed Taylorsville Dayzz.  Actually really sad.  Mostly because of the fireworks. And because I'm probably a little homesick.  Or maybe a lot. So I'll end this blog with a little remnant of TDayzz 2008.  

Love and Hugs,
James

7 comments:

Staci said...

oh james!!! i think that you are wonderful. and i miss you so much and love you tons! i can't wait to come visit you soon. we have so much to catch up on. i talked to my parents about airfare but nothing is set in stone yet. i'll keep you updated!!! LOVE YOU!

Ashley said...

Mostly, I just need to comment about how having Mmmbop as your opening song on your blog pretty much makes you my best friend. Seriously. Best song ever. And Taylorsville misses you right back! Hope you're doing well. We need to talk soon!

lynsie said...

Jamilyn I am so excited for you that your mama is comming out. I was righ there with you with missing t-vill days but hey you will be there next year. and hey 9 months really isint that bad you can make it. hey give me a call some time I miss ya

Zaq said...

Ain't regina's new album fantastico?! love it - love you

Adam B said...

What the picture??? Hey guess what, I signed a new lease this past week too...in NEW HAMPSHIRE. It made me feel a little bit homesick for a minute too. Aren't you lucky to steal mom away for the 4th? We move in one month and I can hardly believe it. Wish me luck as I wrap up my thesis. WE LOVE YOU!!!

Here And Happy! said...

Jayzie, I'm packed and ready to roll! I'm giving up Baby Samuel for you, so we'd better make our time worth it. See you in a few hours. Love

Cassee said...

I love Regina.
I love you.
I love your blog.