Monday, May 24, 2010

How'd Spring Goals Go?

Well, it's much too late, and I'm "home" in the 801. Back in the home I grew up in and lived in for 18 years. But the home where I've only lived for summers and holidays for 6 years. Now I'm here for good, for at least a while. And I'm not sleeping.

So... spring goals, huh? Not too shabby.

1. no stress, baby steps- this goal is the only way I survived my last semester at WMU. And it worked pretty well for most of the time. Right before Nathan came home, right after my recital hearing and DMA audition and my cello was busted, I started to stress a little bit then. But rightfully so, eh?

2. don't allow laziness- gotta admit, there were some lazy afternoons of Gilmore Girls and naps on the couch. But I woke up at a decent hour, practiced my butt off, stayed caught up on homework, prepared for orchestra and trio rehearsals, and wrote to Nathan. Guess I could have exercised more...

3. practice cause I love cello- CHECK! Makes practicing WAY more fun than practicing cause I have a lot to do, or practicing cause it's on my schedule to do, or practicing cause there's a huge recital on the horizon.

4. make myself go to bed by 11pm- I think I sucked at this most of the time. ESPECIALLY at the end of the semester.

5. stick to the budget- this went better than ever before. Not perfect yet, but I'm learning.

6. stay on schedule- again, the only way I survived this semester. I really liked that I scheduled free time and fun time and things like laundry and grocery shopping, so that I didn't feel like I was wasting time doing those things. woot.

7. end masters with a bang- 4.0- SUCCESS! A's on all of my 8 graduate credits. Including my graduate recital, and ridiculous Dr. Ricci aesthetics class. That feels really good.

Summer goals. They've gotta be good. There's lots coming up and I need to get ready.

2 comments:

The Beckstroms said...

Way impressive Master B.!! I am loving the song sweey pea that is playing right now, that is too cute. Thanks for introducing us.

Here And Happy! said...

I'm so ridiculously proud of you! Woooooooooot!