Friday, August 13, 2010

It's All About The Music!

I'm completely stealing this idea from Adrienne, but I like the sound of it. Music is kind of a big deal for me, so this should be fun. And ya might learn a thing or two about me in the meantime!


"It's the 30 day music challenge. Everyday for the next 30 days I'm going to dedicate a post to a certain song, according to this list:"

Day 1 - Your favorite song

Day 2 - Your least favorite song

Day 3 - A song that makes you happy

Day 4 - A song that makes you sad

Day 5 - A song that reminds you of someone

Day 6 - A song that reminds you of somewhere

Day 7 - A song that reminds you of a certain event

Day 8 - A song that you know all the words to

Day 9 - A song that you can dance to

Day 10 - A song that makes you fall asleep

Day 11 - A song from your favorite band

Day 12 - A song from a band you hate

Day 13 - A song that is a guilty pleasure

Day 14 - A song that no one would expect you to love

Day 15 - A song that describes you

Day 16 - A song that you used to love but now hate

Day 17 - A song that you hear often on the radio

Day 18 - A song that you wish you heard on the radio

Day 19 - A song from your favorite album

Day 20 - A song that you listen to when you're angry

Day 21 - A song that you listen to when you're happy

Day 22 - A song that you listen to when you're sad

Day 23 - A song that you want to play at your wedding

Day 24 - A song that you want to play at your funeral

Day 25 - A song that makes you laugh

Day 26 - A song that you can play on an instrument

Day 27 - A song that you wish you could play

Day 28 - A song that makes you feel guilty

Day 29 - A song from your childhood

Day 30 - Your favorite song at this time last year


DAY ONE- MY FAVORITE SONG

Hmmmm. This is ALWAYS always a hard question for me to answer. My favorite song right now? My favorite song of all time? My favorite song by my favorite Regina Spektor or James Taylor or the Beatles? ... or maybe my favorite Bach or Shostakovich? I'm going to go with my favorite song TODAY. The Bird and the Worm by Owl City. It's so happy, and silly, and reminds me of everything sun and summery. And lately I feel silly and happy and in love. Plus, this adorable video is where I first heard it. And I'm so excited that this guy is going to be our wedding videographer :)


At the end of these music posts, leave a comment and tell me your "song of the day" pick. I'm always up for awesome new music ideas. So... what's YOUR favorite song?

4 comments:

lynsie said...

hey I watched that link to that video and it was way cute. My favorite song today I think is accidently in love

Anonymous said...

I know the guy in that movie! lol This is a fun idea and I can't wait to see all the ones you write about.
and today mine is "Love like crazy" :-)

Ashley said...

At first, I thought you were saying you loved the song, The Bird and the Worm from The Used. And I was going to be pleasantly surprised! But no, Owl City. I haven't heard that version yet. I'll say one of my favorites right now is "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap.

Michelle said...

HAHAHAHA that is my ex bf/old bestie and his wife's wedding video. Oh hilarious. It's cute, though! I love it! :)