Remember how the CD player and ipod adapter were stolen from my car last spring? (jerks!) Well, I used the insurance money to buy my awesome bike, and was lucky enough to have a car friend help me install a new tape player from the junk yard. And since I discarded all of my most awesome tapes in ... maybe the 4th grade, I've been listening to lots of radio in the car. That is the major component in the selection of my two least favorite songs, tied in first place for the songs I would least like to hear ever again any time soon. Your Love Is My Drug by KE$HA and also California Gurls by Katy Perry. If simply listening to them isn't enough to drive you out of your mind, imagine turning on the radio every day and having one or both of them playing on at least one radio station. And then again 20 minutes later. And again. And again. And again. It's enough to make a girl drive around in silence! Fellow Utah Cd-less drivers- Do you know of any radio stations where I can find solace in some Ingrid Michaelson, Nick Drake, or Iron and Wine? And also, what's your least favorite song?
5 comments:
Ha ha ha ha ha! I love those songs. Compliments of XM 51, I'm sick to death of Dark Horse and A Cherry Tree! Isn't there ANY other acoustic song being recorded these days?
I pulled up your blog and went to the other room to grab something. I then heard some K.Perry playing and thought perhaps I went to someone else's blog. Nope. It was yours, and I about lost it...until I read your post. My head just about started to spinning - everything I ever thought I knew about Jammers was about to be thrown out the window. Not that I'm against new and different...
I like 104.7, 103.1, and occasionally 99.5. It doesn't play Nick Drake or Iron Wine, but I've heard Ingrid Michaelson on those stations. And at least it's better than Ke$ha!
Oh, and current least favorite song? I'll go with I Need You Now by Lady Antebellum. Ugh!
I am currently sick of the song Baby by Justin Bieber It plays on almost every station in Tulsa and every stor you walk into. I put it up there with hearing christmas music in the stores in october just so they can get you to buy more things. I am hoping the fad of this song will end soon.
Post a Comment