My sweet girl Gloria is now 2 years old. Happy Birthday Glo!! I'm so glad that I have her cute little personality in my life. I did a web search to find out how long guinea pigs live (5 years) and I ended up reading an extensive article about them on wikipedia. According to the article (which must be true, cause I found it online) native american witch doctors in Chile use guinea pigs in many of their healing ceremonies. Black guinea pigs, in particular, have extra potent healing powers. If you hold a black guinea pig near an infected area, or rub it on the chest of a sick person, it will be healed. After reading this, I tried to convince my mom to rub Gloria on her chest. Maybe Glo can heal cancer? But the article also stated that the only way to find out if the healing was effective is to cut open the guinea pig and examine it's internal organs. Hmmm.
Don't judge my Saturday Morning hair. Instead, notice the cuteness of Miss Gloria.

Nathan and I also went to the Kate Nash concert at In the Venue. When I bought two tickets for us, I was unaware that The Rocket Summer, Nathan's favorite band, was also playing at The Venue the same night, but on a different stage. And when we tried to buy last-minute tickets, they were all sold out. So Nathan, all decked out in his Rocket Summer shirt, was a good sport and came to Kate Nash as planned. And she was tons of fun. I'm glad we went. Do you like sassy British indie tunes? Check her out.


Did you know that Village Inn has free slice Wednesday? This means that you can go to any Village Inn on Wednesday night, and as long as you buy a drink or a meal. you get a free slice of amazing pie. We are fans. This could be potentially dangerous, because our new apartment is no less than 3 minutes from a Village Inn.


Go to www.savethewords.org and adopt a word that has been removed from the English dictionary due to lack of use. The words need our help. And the website is fun.
I had a good Sunday a while back. I was feeling less than happy, and generally grumpy at the world. I was probably a pain for Nathan to be around, and I know my family was sick of me. Then at church, testimony meeting reminded of what brings real happiness. It's about gratitude and caring about other people. I wish I was a person that this came naturally to, but I am not. I need to remember that every time I'm in a grumpy funk, I need to count my blessings, and think about others. And it works like a charm.
NEW GOALS- until the wedding
Practice cello for at least 3 hours, Mon-Sat
Do one secret sweet thing for Nathan every day
Be grateful. Write a gratitude list daily
Here's a funny story. On Thursday night, I had a wonderful bridal shower with the neighborhood women. There were all sorts of wonderful treats there, and they sent home a plate of left over goodies with me. Then yesterday morning, on the way out the door to school, I grabbed an eclair from the plate for breakfast. I also brought 4 sugar cookies for quartet rehearsal treats. At quartet rehearsal, Henrie also brought us cupcakes, and at break I ate a tiramisu cupcake, and a sugar cookie. When I got home after the orchestra concert, Nathan and Jeff came over. We went to the store to buy an ink cartridge to print address labels for wedding announcements, and while we were there, they picked up some drinks, and mint oreos, and little debbie snacks. And as we were labeling envelopes, I definitely ate many oreos, and carmel fudge cookies. And washed it all down with a Sobe. This morning I woke up feeling like junk. JUNK! Brides should not eat like that a month before their wedding. Nobody should eat like that, EVER.
Today, I have a cello lesson, then a bridal shower with my family, then we're going to go meet with our wedding videographer, and record a "love story" video, then I'm going to go play in the U of U orchestra scholarship concert number 2. Then maybe I get to hang out with Nathan after all of that.
We;re getting married in 28 days. The end of the semester is in 27 days. Right now, I am thankful for Thanksgiving coming soon. Cause I need a break!
4 comments:
Our lives really are a fast train at the moment. I'd love to just jump off and love my girl sometime soon, before time runs out. And don'tchya wanna fit in that little skirt on wedding day? Cookies a la trashcan!
happy birthday Gloria
thank god gloria survived your ex roomate's appetite and constant hunger.
Glad to know you enjoyed some "sugar" it is always in my menu......perhaps not as much as you had in a couple of days! Gloria.....what a great day!! I will have to ask Evelyn about this custom in Chile and if she has heard about it before.
Post a Comment