I'll start from where Jami has left off. We had a fun time on our little fake vacation. the funny thing is there wasn't very much vacation to it. Through much prayer and hard decision making, we are near the end of moving in to take care of Jamilyn's Uncle Jeff. Grandma was taking care of Jeff and his disabilities, but with her recent passing away, Jeff needed someone to move in with him. Jeff decided to take the option of moving up stairs into Grandma's clean and well taken care of space. There was no changing his mind. That bestowed upon us Jeff's bachelor pad basement. I need you to try your hardest to picture this place we were venturing into. The house is about 60 years old. What does that mean? It means it had what every good Grandmother's house should have... WOOD PANELING! If the wasn't bad enough, there was no way to take it down, even if it was trying pretty hard to do it on it's own. It was being held up by staples. The living room offered a generous amount off sailboat wallpaper, and along one wall was an aviation map of the United States. It was a beast to pull down. The carpet was orange and brown that hadn't been replace in 30 years. Open wires were strung across the wall that served mostly no purpose. There were plenty of holes in these walls too. The kitchen had three different kinds of flooring, and cabinets made of dented aluminum. One of which was burned. Now, I'm not saying that the place wasn't livable or that it would have been bad to just leave it. The family took great care in helping the place stay nice. I'm just saying that in order to make it look more attractive, it needed a lot of work.
Monday, May 23, 2011
A Post From "And Such"
I bet all of you who are read Jamilyn's blog are disappointed that she hasn't written anything in a while. Well, sorry to disappoint you more, but this is the "and Such" in her life. I am her husband, Nathan. This is me breaking into her computer while she is away in Kansas for the week preparing to play for the German opera, and here I am attempting for the very first time to post a blog. That's right folks, my first time. So, I'm sorry if it's not up to par or as well written as Jamilyn's posts, but I do promise to inform you about the past few weeks in the lives of the Morris family. Who knows, if you like it enough, I may endeavor to make another post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nathan, your description is too kind. I'm glad for all the hard work that turned it from Cave to Cozy...you worked your tail off! Glad your adventure with Jeff will at least include an apartment that is clean and bright and fresh, if not new. Love you. Look! Now YOU can write your own green blog!
Lovely post, Nathan. We would love to hear more from the "and such" at our house.
Post a Comment