Moved out of our favorite little SoSLC apartment... check!
Moved into our new Tvillebasement apartment... check!
Made our new place look like a home, including...
Removed wall paper... check
Painted the wood paneling in the front room and bedroom greenish-grey... check
Removed the ancient brown and orange carpet... check
Installed neutral fuzzy carpet... check
Also installed new flooring in the kitchen/ bathroom/ laundry room... check
Painted the kitchen a happy shade of bright red... check
Designed and built kitchen cabinets and sink... check
Hung kitchen shelves... check
Painted 3 brown doors white... check
Fertilized, tilled, furrowed, and planted a garden... check check check check!
Learned how to irrigate... check
Weeded, weeded, weeded... check
Organized and divided grandma's immense food storage... check
Survived 45 hours of Eutin Opera rehearsal boot camp in Kansas... check
Also survived Kansas tornado warning weather... check
And my first week ever without my husband... check
Still to do:
Practice music for 2 operas and 2 full concerts- including 5 cello solos.
Figure out how to fit all of our clothes into one tiny closet
Paint the gun cabinet
Face my fear of sewing and make some curtains
Plan curriculum for my new Waterford 5th grade strings class for next year
Laundry
Wait for our yummy veggies to start popping out of the ground!
Can I just say how proud of my sweet husband I am? While I was gone to Kansas, he did most of the moving, and the working on the house by himself. I have a lot of faith in him, but I really had no idea that he knew how to build a kitchen! And it looks great. He has been an incredible sport about this whole move, and really fun to work alongside. He wrote a blog while I was gone, but then didn't finish it. For your reading pleasure, I published in the post below.
Pictures to come... of the inside, and out!
7 comments:
Jami! Sounds like you and Nathan have been busy! So, when's the housewarming party? BBQ and movie night?!
The place looks great. You two can be proud of your choices and celebrate while I'm out looking for the drunk who installed your vinyl. Love love love the owls...I feel so at home (I almost made a fool of myself). Suffice it to say I feel at home.
Curtains! I've been wanting to sew some too! Maybe we should get together!
My favorite..."paint the gun cabinet". LOL!
Come sew curtains at my house! You can take a look at the styles I've tried and I'll show you where I get ideas from. And I can help you figure out your machine! Nice work on the new place, it really looks great.
WOW! im impressed!!! i wanna see pictures!!
WOW! im impressed!!! i wanna see pictures!!
Post a Comment