It's about how I'm leaving to Germany in 4 days. FOUR days.
And I'm feeling nervous.
I feel like I need to spend every moment with Nathan- clingy much?
I feel sick of not wanting to practice.
I feel like summer is going by too fast.
I feel like I need a cute black summer scarf.
I worry that I will be allergic to Germany.
I worry that I won't be able to find pseudophed in Germany.
I'm nervous about our "hotel" that I'm pretty sure is more like a hostel.
I'm nervous that the food will make me sick.
I'm nervous that I don't speak ANY German.
I feel like I'll probably snore and my roommates will hate me.
I'm nervous to do my laundry and have to hang-dry my undies.
I hope I don't feel lonely.
I don't like flying- 15 hours is a LONG flight.
I stress about having to carry a suitcase, a carry-on, and a cello through foreign airports.
I know I'll worry about things at home.
Things like health and housing and husbands.
And gardens.
I hope Nathan will be okay to can the tomatoes while I'm gone.
Hopefully he'll make them into salsa or pasta sauce.
Maybe he'll get a new job!
I should have already submitted my curriculum plans to my team teacher.
Maybe I should quit that job?
Nobody wants to team teach general music and orchestra.
I feel like the summer is going to end this Saturday.
And that feels too soon.
I want to feel excited.
I really do.
But even as I'm typing this, I know that I always turn into a little worry wort right before anything big and unknown. I'll probably get to Eutin and love it. And once I figure things out a bit, I'm sure the stress will stop. And I'll really enjoy myself. At least I hope. Pretty sure I'll still be able to blog from "the Germ'. Bis Spater!
5 comments:
James! Don't be scared to stay in a hostel. I love them! It can be frustrating to not have privacy, but mostly it's just fun to learn a lot about a lot of new people.
I'm so excited for you to go to Europe! Would that I had $2000 extra to come visit you! I love you and will pray for you and Nathan over the next little bit!
Ah!!! All of these worries are what any person would worry about it! But, like it always does, it will all turn out to be fine.
Good luck!
We'll miss you!
Aren't you nervous that you won't get to watch an episode of lost for that long? I would be so nervous and scared! annnd excited.
also your blog comment made me laugh so hard. I don't understand why they didn't just let those characters disappear instead of do a whole episode about it... weirdos. I hope you have internet in Germany... :)
Doing things for the first time are always hard! You will be a pro before you know it! Go have fun and enjoy some chocolate! You will be in a country that knows how to say my name!!!
I am looking forward to seeing the up-tight, grumpy, stressball of a daughter that dropped us off at the airport transformed by the magic of Europe. I know things will be better than you think. And you only have to have that "first day" once...after that it will probably all melt into a pleasant memory, with your only regret being that Nathan wasn't there to share it with you! Be good, safe and happy, as always. Love you.
Post a Comment