Sunday, November 6, 2011

A while ago I pushed a button on the blogger homepage that I thought was giving me a new blog template, but all it did was screw everything up for a while and I didn't know how to fix it.  All of my favorite blog links were gone, and the pictures to the side of my posts, and my playlist.  It was really annoying.  But I think I've got everything important back now, and I'm ready to blog again.  I think I might stick with a plain white blog for a while, in fear that anything fancy would screw everything up again.

Things are plugging along at the Morris house.  I finished my first of four required DMA cello recitals.  I think it went well. I'm glad that my Mom was able to come to the recital and hear me play (maybe for the last time...?) I think the recital went well.  I'm really exited to sink into some new music!!

Halloweening was fun this year!  Nathan and I utilized the masks we found on our honeymoon in Mexico and made some makeshift luchadore costumes mostly from things we found around the house. We had fun at a Murder Mystery party with new friend JJ, and also our annual girls party at Katie and Trevor's adorable apartment.


I also played in the Utah Philharmonia Haunted Orchestra concert, which is always fun!

On actual Halloween monday, Nathan and I hung out just the two of us.  We ordered pizza that Nathan thought was from the Wasatch Pizza in Taylorsville, just down the street from us.  But when we went to pick it up, they didn't have our pizza, and told us that we must have ordered it from a different location.  We ended up having to drive all the way to the Wasatch Pizza place up by the U.  Our cold BBQ chicken pizza was still worth it!  We started a new tradition that we want to continue- making homemade rootbeer!  It was easy and delicious!  But we had no idea how much dry ice we really needed.  Believe it or not, I think we are going to try more next time.  That "ghost" is going to go all over the kitchen!  We ate or pizza and drank our rootbeer curled up watching The Others.  No costumes, no trick-or-treaters.  It was a wonderful low key Halloween.  


 Besides that, not much exciting is going on.  We spend a lot of time with my Mom, helping out and making memories.  I can't believe it's November already!  I have a feeling it's going to be a very emotional Holiday Season.  But I've got my Yo Yo Ma Songs of Joy and Peace album on the itunes and I'm watching the snow out the window.  I plan to post some much overdue gratitude soon.

5 comments:

Staci said...

dear jamilyn,

1. we need to talk about the DMA program at the U. i'm thinking of applying.

2. i love your mom and my prayers are with her and your family. if there's anything i can do, let me know.

3. are you not a vegetarian anymore? catch me up on your latest food endeavors.

4. i LOVE you. and i miss you. when can we play next?

love, stace

Staci said...

p.s. sir samson and zoey need a play date.

Erin the Mom said...

Fun costumes,J! I'm glad you had such a low-key Halloween. Sorry we didn't come trick-or-treating to your place, but by the time we were done in Mom & Dad's neighborhood, it was late and we were pooped! By the way, Nathan's owl jack-o-lantern was so fun, thank you guys! I wished we had gotten to visit more with you Sunday last week. Come play games with us soon.

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Hey girl, I am thinking about you and praying for you! LOVE YOU

Katie said...

It was such a fun Halloween Party! Love you!