Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween 2012

At the Morris house this year, we had an entire five days worth of Halloween Celebrating.  Awesome...yes!  Halloween used to be one of my least favorite holidays.  But I'm surrounded by friends who LOVE it.  So it's growing on me.  

Friday, October 26: Annual Murder Mystery Party Extravaganza hosted by Nathan's bestie JJ.  This was our first opportunity to sport our completely homemade Alice and the White Rabbit costumes.  Nathan and I teamwork sewed that dress and apron ourselves!  Be proud, because other than curtains for our last apartment, this is the only thing I have ever successfully crafted with needles and thread.  We had a yummy potluck din with 22 of JJ's closest friends, and then a real life Clue game that JJ and Kaitlyn made up themselves.  It was pretty cool, even though everyone CHEATED!  I couldn't believe the various ways different groups of people banded together to cheat.  Nathan got all of the answers from JJ and ended up winning the game.  And then we stayed over with JJ and Kaitlyn for a few hours after the party watching Community season 2.  Cause we're obsessed.  


Saturday, October 27:  Ward Halloween Party and chili cook off.  Yummy chili verde and cornbread.  Runners up in the best couples costume (we lost to a seriously cute Mary Poppins and Burt, whom we are friends with, so it's ok), and my Dad was runner up for the scariest costume in an awful clown suit.  Then we went home and watched the Utes womp on the Golden Bears.  


Monday, October 29: After a long day of school, we met at Adam and Andrea's house for more delicious chili and corn bread and Halloween FHE.  Caroline and Olive sang all of their favorite Halloween songs for us and showed off their wonderful flower and honey bee costumes.  We loved on Baby Jane, who was also a sweet baby bee.  After the girls went to bed, we chatted it up while carving pumpkins and roasting seeds.  YUM! 



Tuesday, October 30: Halloween Restaurant Crawl with the Archulettas and the Walkers.  Since Lynsie lives in Idaho, and Katie is crazy busy these days, this took the place of our annual Girls Halloween Party, and I gotta admit, I really missed those two girls this year!! But I didn't miss watching/sleeping through The White Zombie.  

Ashley and Ray as Indiana Jones and that one girl from The Temple of Doom, Lacy and Brian as Scott Pilgram and Ramona Flowers, and Nathan and I as Alice and the Rabbit again started the night at the Tea Grotto for drinks.  Then we walked over to Koko Kitchen for sushi rolls and other such appetizers, then Himalayan Kitchen for delish Indian entrees and naan, and finally ended up at Dolcetti Gelato for dessert.  SO YUM!  After the crawl, we ended the night by watching Scott Pilgram vs. The World, so that Ray could understand Lacy and Brian's costumes.  


Wednesday, October 31: We didn't even dress up, which I think is kind of lame.  I had a full day of school and teaching, then came home and made THIS delicious Buffalo Chicken Soup recipe.  We saw the cute Thomas boys in their costumes and handed out candy to a few trick-or-treaters.  And then we watched The Wrath of the Titans with my dad- because it just happened to be what Netflix mailed to us that day.  

All in all, it was a wonderful Halloween week of celebration, wouldn't ya say?  I can't believe it's November already! 

2 comments:

Ashley said...

What kind of buffalo sauce did you use for the soup? I've been wanting to make that!

AdrianneJayne said...

I think you two are the cutest Alice and Mad Hatter ever. ever.