Spring Goals Evaluation

- The time has come to once again evaluate my spring semester goals. And I'm just gonna say from the start, it was kind of a dismal semester indeed.
- 1. SLEEP 11PM TO 7AM. Result... not good. I did this maybe 15 times throughout the semester. I know that I feel better and do better at life when I do. I DID get 8 hours of sleep most nights though. Those 8 hours just happened to be at less healthy times of the night. I'll continue to work on this.
- 2. EXERCISE M-F. Result... FAIL! I exercised sometimes, but definitely not regularly. And my stress level and pot belly are the proof. I am ashamed.
- 3. GET A 4.0. Result... YES!!! Finally, something I DID do! Woo Hoo!
- 4. PRACTICE A MINIMUM OF 4 HOURS A DAY. Result... Decent. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I definitely did better at this post-spring break. And it shows in my progress. Once I made a learning schedule for myself things went 12X better.
- 5. CELLO AND HOMEWORK BEFORE INTERNET. Result... I think this was a silly goal. Let me tell you why. When you practice 4 hours a day, you need practice breaks, And when the computer lab is so close to the practice rooms, blogging and facebook seem like logical break activities. Also watching videos of cellists on youtube is quite inspiring. AND when most of your homework is research based, and there are all sorts of good online research sources, it's nearly impossible and illogical to do practicing and homework before the internet. I don't think I EVER succeeded at this goal.
- 6. READ SCRIPTURES AND PRAY DAILY. Result... Yes with the praying, hit and miss with the scriptures. But I did read a significant chunk of Preach My Gospel, and The Continuous Atonement. I realize that nothing should substitute reading scriptures, but these have been good reads too.
- 7. FIND JOY. Result... SUCCESS! I've gotta admit, there were some really dark moments in this semester where finding joy was difficult. But, through lots of prayer and self-inspiration, and silly little notes of encouragement all over my room, I was able to keep my head up and persevere. I think spring helped too. Man, it was a long, cold, snowy winter!! But thank heavens for the sunshine!!
- So I would call this a mediocre semester. HOWEVER I recently learned that mediocre derives from the latin mediocris which is a term that describes the point mid-way up a mountain. And that is sort of how I feel. I'm definitely not at the top of the mountain quite yet, but if I look at how far I've climbed, I have something to feel good about.
5 comments:
I LOVE that you love goals. I love goals too. Goals make me happy. Good job at all of your successes. I have a suggestion for your working out one. I am just stating a work out 6 days a week program...ya what am I thinking haha. I do abs, bottom, legs, and arms all with youtube videos. As dumb as it sounds it's a lot easier to get on the computer than it is to drag yourself to the gym. Then I run after that. Just a suggestion. I'm also doing the 100 day push up challenge. Kellie Hearty is doing it and her arms are so buff! Let me know if you want some links :) ps when are you coming back to utah?
Goal evaluation -- good for you!!
Thanks for sharing your blog with MGs. It is so great that we can support each other! Regardless of the results i am glad that you have periodic checkups on your goals. What a lesson to me! 4 hours of practice!!!!! You go girl. Can't wait to keep following!
Way to go on the 4.0! Who are you anyway? Caroline says hello and that she misses her Aunt Jami!!!
Your goal orientation is something else. I'm setting a goal to try and follow your example. Woot on the 4.0. Demand your straight A dinner!
Post a Comment