Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sound Art

I'm the substitute teacher for Time Based Media again today.
I hope this professor gets better soon! I don't get paid enough to do this every day.

In the mean time, here is a fascinating interview clip of John Cage explaining how he hears the world. This is the kind of "time based media" I specialize in these days.

2 comments:

Here And Happy! said...

Wow, so this guy seems a little....maybe on the verge of fried, but I GET him! I love this! I believe him. Maybe he's my birth dad lol. Look at those eyes.

Stephi said...

lol so interesting to actually listen to him talk! His philosophies are so unique and interesting. I'm a big fan of sounds with meaning, but where would we all be without the sounds that didn't have meaning? And I think it's so neat to just sit and observe the world around us. Thanks for your comment on my blog by the way. :)