And my mom reminded me yesterday that it's only 16 weeks. I'm considering making a paper chain countdown now. One link for every week left. It would be shorter than a countdown to Christmas chain. Oi!
Speaking of the countdown to Christmas... only 23 days on that chain. And then I get to actually TALK to Nathan on the phone. The blessed Christmas phone call. The last one until he's home.
I haven't actually heard his voice since May. And I haven't seen him since WAY before that. I think it's been 617 days, give or take a few. Good grief. That's too long!!
He's been talking a lot lately about being "ready for each other" when he gets home. Things that we need to be doing and thinking and becoming before we're back together again. I think this is a fantastic idea, and now is as good a time as ever to be gettin' ready. But *sigh*... I don't know. There's still so much to do! And so much to think about. And I don't want to rush anything or have things play out unnaturally. What I need to do is not stress.
Funny that I'm preparing for Nathan, AND my graduate recital in the same time frame. I might just have an anxiety attack.
No snow has stuck to the ground in Kalamazoo yet. It doesn't quite feel like December yet, with sunny days and blue skies over trees and grass that still resemble autumn. Really though, I'm not complaining. It took me a good 6 months to defrost from the bleak and numbing cold of last winter. Thank you global warming, the snow can wait.
I'm turning 24 next week. Ha. Life is funny. I don't know where I thought I'd be at 24 years old, but I don't think it was here. Not waiting for a missionary. Not in graduate school. Not in Michigan. But I'm happy where I am. And doing what I'm doing. And learning and experiencing all that my 24 years of life have thrown in my way. It's all part of the preparation for what ever comes next, right? I have a feeling that year 24 in the life of Jamilyn is going to be an exciting one. :)
I'm excited for Christmas this year! - Such a difference from last year. I've even been listening to cheesy Christmas radio stations a little bit already. I'm excited to decorate my little apartment for Christmas. I'm also looking forward to my first attempt at baking gingerbread cookies. I need to start formulating Christmas present ideas.
The end of this semester kind of snuck up on me!! Only two weeks left?? Really? There's still so much to do! So much to practice!! I know I say this a lot, but time is FLYIN'!
I'll be back in Utah in 15 days
Then back in Kzoo 8 days after that.
97 days later, Nathan flies home.
And 29 days after that, I'll be the proud Master Beckstrom of cello performance!
... then what?
9 comments:
oh jamilyn. you will be the proud master beckstrom of cello. i'm so proud of you! don't stress too much for preparing for nathan. just keep being you and things will play out naturally. i miss you so much, my darling friend. can we meet for lunch or dinner when you're in slc? will you have time for me? i love you!
I love this post! Haha. I am feeling a lot of the same things. I am so glad that we get to be excited about the same day and for the same reason! For some reason my countdown says 18 weeks left! If it is 16 then that is even more awesome! haha.
I think that when you are Master Beckstrom we should call each other Master Beckstrom in casual conversation...it might be fun, right? Good luck on finals. I am done with 2 and 3 more to go, but I don't finish up until the 17th! Ugh!!! Hopefully baby Olive waits until then :)
Cloth eyes? CLOTH EYES?
I can't believe that you are done that soon! Wow, way to go Jame. I like Adam's idea of calling you Master Beckstrom often, it does have a ring to it! Love the blog background. Baby is not here, obviously you would have heard. Happy Birthday coming up, we have a gift that will come while you are in Utah, delivered by my mom. We miss you and are sad we won't get to see you.
oh wow you'll have your masters at only 24? congratulations.
i got mine when i was 21. no big deal.
http://www.wordle.net/show/wrdl/1416739/Jammers
Thanks for posting and keeping us all updated, Jami. I love that you're counting down the days, on the 26th I'm going to be with my love, I know how you feel. well, as always, your situation seems so much harder, but at least I understand the counting down part!! and at the same time you are Maestra Beckstrom Extraordinaria, I'll be finishing my undergrad! What an example you are, girl. Don't worry about preparing for Nathan, I think like you said, take it natural, take it one step at a time, everything will turn out just as you plan, or better! I miss you, If you have any time during exam week, you should come over, I would love to help make those gingerbread cookies with you! xoxo
Look at you, 24 and all these great things behind and ahead of you! congrats my dear. I love your countdown, I have similar numbers to be counting! What an example you are, girl. Don't worry about preparing for Nathan, I think like you said, take it natural, take it one step at a time, everything will turn out just as you plan, or better! I miss you, If you have any time during exam week, you should come over, I would love to help make those gingerbread cookies with you! xoxo
Post a Comment