Highlight #1. I got to go home and visit some friends and family in Utah. I didn't play my cello for an entire two weeks straight, and it felt wonderful. Everyone kept asking how it felt to be home, and I realized that I haven't really lived there for 5 and a half years now! But it still felt good. I like my parent's house a lot. And I love my family. I miss my hammock. It's fun to stay in a room that's half full of my things, and half full of Nathan's. And 100% full of memories. Everyone in Utah asks me about Nathan too, and how he's doing and how WE're doing. And I love that. I don't think I could ever get sick of talking about us. He's doing fantastic. And we're doing wonderful.

Highlight #2. I hunted down Sister Rafi on temple square! Temple square missionaries get to serve for a few months in a different mission, and in Kalamazoo, we were lucky enough to get Sister Rafi for a little while. But she had to go back to temple square right before Thanksgiving. Finding a specific missionary on The Square is no easy feat! Because of security and safety, no matter how well you know the missionaries, no one can tell you the location of any missionary, or even if they have seen that missionary that day. So a little miracle happened, and I found cute french Sister Rafi right in front of Jesus.

Highlight #3. My mom and I went to see the lights on Temple Square. We saw Sister Rafi AGAIN this night. :) It was really fun to walk around in the freezing cold, bundled up like Russians. I'm glad I was there with my mom, cause besides us, it seemed like it was unofficial "come to the square with your lover" night. I asked my mom all about how she waited for my dad while he was on his mission. It was especially fun to hear the story about when he came home! Thanks Mom for telling me all of your stories, and for being my ultimate favorite MG!

Highlight #4. I got to hang out with 2 of my 3 best friends in the world. Lynsie, too bad you are sick and stuck in Oklahoma, or it could have been all 3 besties. We had an awesome late-night Sconecutter snack reunion and I met Katie's wonderful Trevor. I triple stamp approve. I spent a day making home movies with Ashley. We shared fun presents, caught up, and had a glorious time. I love these girls. "Aw, we're such cute friends." I wish we were all way less busy.

Highlight #5. On Christmas Eve, I got a phone call from the beloved missionary in Texas. And it was so good. Seriously, just so normal. But also inspiring, empowering, and exciting! The best is yet to come, folks! Guess who comes home in 89 days from today!
And guess who wants to MARRY ME! ...but there is so much to do before that comes. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. :)

Other highlights. I got an awesome cookbook and bread pans for Christmas, and also a bread making lesson with big sis Erin. I've made two successful loaves of bread on my own now. :) I got to hang out with some of the old USU music crew. Good times= asian bistro, bowling, and music videos. Thanks Nyle, for pulling us all together. Movies Galore! The Princess and the Frog... cute! A Christmas Carol... kinda scary, but cool music. Sherlock Holmes... awesome. I threw up for the first time on an airplane all the way from Detroit to Kalamazoo. Blek. Under my little white pine Christmas tree I found a slew of illegal fireworks. Ha, thanks "St. Nick." They made for a fun New Years Eve.
And now it's 2010!!! A year I predict will be full of all sorts of fun and exciting changes. I'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
You forgot about don't eat Pete!!
Post a Comment