Monday, March 1, 2010

Busted

This is why cellos NEED to be gate-checked at airports. Thanks to the obstinate American Airlines ticketing manager at the Salt Lake Airport, my cello went down the luggage conveyer belt in Salt Lake, Dallas, Chicago, AND Kalamazoo, being lifted and chucked like any other piece of luggage, and spending hours in the cold. And there was absolutely nothing I could do about it, cause apparently it's a security threat to carry a cello into the airport. Not surprisingly, but sickeningly, Woodruff arrived in Michigan with an enormous crack all the way down his front.

At least 2 weeks in the repair shop, and anywhere from $1500-$5000 in repairs, things MIGHT be ok.

But right now, I'm livid.


Kind of puts a damper on a really nice weekend at home. Eff.

14 comments:

lynsie said...

oh no your poor cello. I am so sorry. I hope they can get it fixed. Is the airport going to help pay for the damage?
How did your auditions go? When will you hear back from them? Hey james our blog has finnaly been updated. still no pregp pictures yet I dont know why but i just have not taken any yet. I miss you tonz. keep in touch

AdrianneJayne said...

I can't believe that!!! They need to be held responsible! Is there anything they can do? UGH! Makes me NEVER want to fly with them!

So Sorry girl!

cuzimmom said...

Jamie, I'm sorry to hear about your pride & joy. I could only imagine what I would do if it was Chy (or Steph , or Sarah, etc. my pride & joys). It was great to see you while you were here. You are looking mighty fine. I'm excited for May, so we get to see you at least monthly for the bdays!!
Love ya, Aunt J

Amber said...

Ugh, That is the pits. I'm so sorry! Good luck with your audition :)

Kaitlan said...

Oh Jamilyn!
I'm am SO SO SORRY! that is the pits! (I showed clint the pictures and he's terrified of my flying anywhere now!) I hope the repairs go quickly and it's not a complete killer! So sorry..I hope American Airlines is paying for the repair!

Anonymous said...

Hi James!

How are you?

Seeing your cracked cello pictures cracked me inside. I'm sorry for you & old Woody.

Get Well Soon!

Kylie said...

JAMILYN! That is sooo devastating. People just don't understand how important and fragile wood instruments can be. Wow. I'm sorry.

Sam and Tanya said...

This makes me want to cry! Please sue the airline, for all of us.

The Beckstroms said...

Oh Jame, that makes me sick! Poor Woodruff and poor American Airlines who doesn't know that you have a successful lawyer brother to be in 2 years :) They shall pay. Hope your tryout went well!

Here And Happy! said...

I now have two reasons to be nauseous. What IDIOTS! (and we don't call names in this family!) We will support you in pursuing whatever it takes to try and get some compensation for this horrible mistake. I know a great attorney...

Anonymous said...

WOW.......some people just don't get it!

Emily said...

Ugg! Not cool James! What a stupid thing to have happen. They (the airlines) should now be worried about all your fans as a more valid security threat! So so sorry!

Stephanie said...

Oh hun. I saw the crack and just about threw up. gah...

go kick their butts!!!

Sarah said...

Ew! i'm SO pissed!
they should have to pay for that! What a bunch of jerks!!