So I'm kind of a long winded blogger. Sorry. I'm going to try to keep this one short and sweet.
I've got the best friend and boyfriend ever, I think. He has decided to establish "fresh flower Friday." Which means he brings me beautiful fresh flowers... every Friday. This was the first one. Orange gerber daisies. Love.
Other Nathan and Jamilyn highlights:* We're getting pretty good at making homemade pizza
* Dancing at Studio 600- we still got our groove
* Finished watching The Office up to the end of season 5!! AHH!! Jim and Pam!!
* Rollerblading on the JR parkway
* Three various memorial day family BBQs- we're a happily co-existing omnivore/herbivore couple
Mostly we just hang out. He studies. I read. And practice cello. And it's great.
Other big news! About two years ago, when my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer, and Nathan left on his mission, and I moved to Michigan, I decided to start growing my hair long. The original plan was to cut it off and donate it to make a wig for my Mom to use during chemo therapy. But she ended up needing a wig way sooner than my hair was ready. So I just kept growing it, still with the intent to someday donate it to a cancer mom. In the past 26 months, I've only trimmed it twice. And it got long.
It was also exciting to grow it while Nathan was away, cause in all our years together, he had never seen me with long hair. It was fun to have it long when he got home! He loved it. Buuut, I was ready for a change. I was also feeling a little bit selfish for keeping my long hair when there are plenty of women suffering from cancer with NO hair. So I finally made an appointment for the chop.
And it got chopped! 12 inches!!
And now it's this long. And it feels great. And I love it. Thanks, Monica! Some chemo-suffering cancer woman will get a free wig from the Pantene Great Lengths foundation. And that's a good feeling.
Also... Nathan and I may or may not have found the perfect ring. For far in the future. :)
8 comments:
Good for you Jamilyn, that's awesome!
Ps I like the last line lol
oh my gosh! I love your hair! I did that once... love you can"t wait to see you!!
jamilyn, you are adorable. i looove your short hair!
Cute do Jam!! I love it and I love donating hair for that cause, it feels so good. Let's play more soon!
I love your hair it looks so beautiful. That is so awsome that you are donating it. I know that somone will be so blessed with your donation.
Happy hair chop! And happy found ring (it's gorgeous!)! And NICK DRAKE!! How is it that we still haven't hung out yet? Also, Imogen Heap next weekend. I think it should be a plan.
Your hair is cute.........loving the small print on your last comment!
The haircut was a good day. Thanks for your unselfish thoughts.
Post a Comment