Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Jamilyn Plays Dvorak

Maybe some of you (most of you?) haven't seen me play the cello- which is actually a HUGE part of my life. I finally figured out how to make use of the footage from my recital back in April, and I thought I'd share some with you.

Funny how I felt so amazing about this performance right after I had played, but now reviewing it, there are so many things I know I need to work on and do better. I hope they don't bother you as much as they bother me.

I present to you, blog world, Jamilyn Beckstrom and Susan W. Uchimura, playing Cello Concerto in B minor, from my April 11, 2010 graduate recital in the lecture hall of Western Michigan University's Dalton Center. Enjoy!

7 comments:

AdrianneJayne said...

Holy Cow, girl! I had to quite violin because I just couldn't get my fingers to move that fast! My brother plays the cello, and I have always loved the sound. Good job! To me, this is perfect!

Grandma Susie said...

Very nice job Jamilyn!!

The Beckstroms said...

Can I just say AMAZING!! I want to play now :) Please put on a Utah recital!
ps love the lighthouse pic too...and it's red, you must take me there

Staci said...

it kept freezing up on me. :(

Anonymous said...

i heard you were going to be the star in the new video game coming out in time for the holidays called "cello hero". I'm going to get it the day it comes out. will you autograph my copy?

Steve said...

Love the concert, you did an amazing job. We also enjoyed the bit of yellow flare :)

Melissa K. said...

Like.