I haven't planned my life this far in advance. But I've been thinking about this one for a few days now, cause I knew it was coming up. And the answer I came up with is a little bit cheesy, but who cares? It's my funeral. I'll tell them to play what I want to. And if I could leave a musical message to whom ever is left after I'm gone, I think it could be summed up by Simon and Garfunkel's awesome Bridge Over Troubled Water. Whether it be my parents, my lover, my friends, or my children and grandchildren, I want them to know that even when they are sad and troubled, I'm always there. I want to live my life so that my funeral feels like this song.
Engagement pictures were today. We got heckled by crazy down town drunk people more than once. Being engaged is fun.
3 comments:
Gosh Jay! It's like we're eating out...I'm gonna pick what you pick!
Truth, "Bridge..." is a perfect legacy song. There are so many songs that would be fitting for such a day. I could copy President L. and choose the "Graduation March"! But the way I feel about it right now, I'd more likely choose something like "Because You Loved Me" by Celine Dion, with an "Our Savior's Love" chaser, just for old time's sake. Later than sooner, I hope.
My first instinct is to say something silly like "Another One Bites the Dust." My next instinct is "I'll Be There" by the Jackson 5. As far as hymns go, the only one I can think of right off is "How Great Thou Art," mostly for the last verse.
when i die all i want to hear is damn it feels good to be a gangsta
Post a Comment