Wednesday, October 6, 2010

New Goal

Confession: Nathan and I have turned into TV junkies. It's embarrassingly all we ever do with our limited time together. I seriously don't even remember the last time we went outside to do something fun. And I'm a little disgusted with myself.

Glee is my absolute new favorite show. We watched the entire first season together on hulu so we could be caught up for the start of season two. And I'm loving it. Brittany as Britney Spears. Awesome. Grilled Cheesus. Hilarious. I don't even care if you make fun of me for being a Gleek.
The office is an old-time favorite. While Nathan was in Texas, I didn't watch a single episode of season 6 so that we could watch it together when he got back. And this week it became available on Netflicks on demand. We watched every episode within 3 days. Finished last night.
Top Gear is also a Netflicks favorite. Thanks to Ashley and Lynsie, we're hooked. I think we've watched almost every season available online. I usually fall asleep watching it, not because it's boring, but because we watch it way late into the night.
So, last night after Glee, then finishing the Office, and considering watching an episode of Top Gear before sleeping, I presented a novel plan. What if we went an entire week without TV. It would mean we'd have to be creative with our free time. We might even have to go outside. And we'd probably even have to talk to each other. But I think it would remind me that those are some of my favorite things about life.

So that's the goal. No TV this week. Reconvened for the next episode of Glee.

4 comments:

cuzimmom said...

You can come watch Steph's last softball game on Saturday. That's outside!!

Ashley said...

Oh goodness. I was worried that we wouldn't have Glee Night next week! :) No TV is a great goal. I fully support you in this move. Let me know if you want any company on your outdoor adventures!

Here And Happy! said...

I'd love to walk with you, or go to the mountains, or bike on Jordan Parkway. It would be so fun to shop for black, or check out new, interesting little cubbies downtown (yum Beehive Tea House!)I wish you still liked taking pictures. That was fun. Wanna see the lake at sunset? See's candy is still there. Need furniture? Cheap hunting would be a blast. There's an apartment to decorate. Oooh oooh me, me! How much muti time are you willing to devote?

Staci said...

so really, you're liking this season of glee? i hated the first episode. and i was a HUGE gleek last season. i'm a bit disappointed by season 2. i haven't even bothered my time with the brittany and grilled cheesus episode because i've heard horrible things about them! let's gleek it out and talk about this sometime.