Friday, February 11, 2011

Home

Here is a little blog tour of our little apartment. I finally took the time to take pictures of our first home. Imagine yourself in the "Mexican Market District" of South Salt Lake on a sunny end-of-winter kind of day.

This is our little kitchen. It really is tiny. When we open the oven door, it goes all the way to the other side, blocking the way. Same with the dishwasher door on the other side. But who ever bakes and does dishes at the same time?

This is the other wall. I feel particularly blessed to have a garbage disposal. It's a luxury that I've never had in an apartment before!
This is Nathan's gigantic Texas flag that lives above our desk. He got it signed by all of his mission companions. I told him that I'm ready to take it down when ever he is, and I think he got really offended. I guess I'm ok with it. It reminds him of a really important time in his life... well, both of our lives. A mission is a pretty cool thing to remember daily.

Not only do we have the Texas flag, but also the huge longhorns above our window. They are definitely a conversation piece. Do we look like hicks?
This is our front room. It doubles as my cello studio right now. We love our little fireplace. It makes things feel cozy.

This is where we eat. It's all part of the same big room that includes our desk and our couches and the fireplace. And that hall goes straight back to the bathroom. When I was taking this picture, I was standing in the kitchen. Does that help put the layout into perspective?

This is the view from our bedroom door. Nathan installed a Perfect Pull-up bar in the doorway, but the picture doesn't show it. We still need to print pictures from our wedding and put them into those frames that still have generic "we just bought this picture frame" art work in them. Thanks A2 for gifting us your lovesac. I didn't think we'd have room for it, but it looks pretty good in this space, don't ya think? On the wall behind the lovesac, we have our two awesome double door closets. It's one of my favorite things about living here- lots of closet space!
This is another view of the bedroom. Over the years, Nathan has given me three teddy bears, and I have given him two. One of them he took with him on his mission and slept with it every night. I'm a little embarrassed to be a married woman with five teddy bears in my room. But I can't part with them. Not yet.

Our bathroom is just normal. Like the rest of the place, it's small. I'm glad we have a bathtub- except for that it makes the tub at Mom and Dad's house feel like a swimming pool in comparison.
Did you want another view? Here ya go. :)

And that's about all there is to see. It's not much- and it's definitely a decorating work-in-progress (on a budget.) But it's home. It's slowly filling up with sweet memories. And I love living here.

2 comments:

Here And Happy! said...

I adore your little domestic space. The best thing it has going for it is the L.O.V.E. Great tour. Smooches to you!

The Beckstroms said...

We L.O.V.E. your place! Come visit ours and you will feel like you live in a mansion :) You have done a great job with the decorating, we can't wait to see it in person in May. xoxo and Happy Valentine's Day you two love birds!