Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Summer Plans

There's this beautiful city in North Eastern Germany called Eutin... pronounced oy-teen. And they host an opera series each summer in an open air theater. And this summer, I'm going to go be part of their opera orchestra! I'm going to GERMANY! And I'm going to play OPERA! For two whole months!

How am I feeling? I'm really very excited!! I've never been to Europe before. It's going to be an awesome opportunity. And it is relatively close to other cool European places to visit. We're going to play Mozart's Don Giovanni and Humperdink's Hansel and Grettle, so the music will be fun. I'm nervous to travel so far with my cello... remember what happened last time? I'm also apprehensive about spending a whole two months away from my new husband. That's a long time to be half a world away from the one you love. We considered splurging to let him come visit me while I'm there, but it's just not practical for us right now. We WILL visit Europe together sometime in the future. It's a goal. I could definitely make more money staying around and teaching all summer. I could take advanced string methods class during summer semester. But how often do you get the opportunity to get paid go to Germany? With awesome friends? To play music? Outside? Yeah, I'm excited

This is what google search tells me that Eutin looks like. I'll definitely post more pictures when I'm there. From the end of June to the end of August. Viel Gluck, ja?

10 comments:

Nikki & James said...

yay!! I'm so exciting you're going! It is going to be awesome! can't wait to hear about it!

FreeJukebox said...

AAAAH!!! Jamilyn, I'm in Bonn right now until the end of August. Eutin is pretty far away, but if its possible for us to cross paths, that would be pretty fricken sweet. And I can help you with your German.

Viel Spass!

Emily Kenney

Ashley said...

Oh, congrats Jami!!! That's such an exciting opportunity! Maybe if I can rustle up the money, I'll come visit this summer. I've been wanting to go to Denmark for a really long time, so I just may have to make a trip out of it... Yay for your amazing cello skills! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Bonnie said...

I'm so glad you decided to go! I Know it's a long time without the husband... but what an awesome experience! You're amazing!

P.s. - I think I like that version better than the feist version... is that legal??? :)

Here And Happy! said...

I'm so glad that you'll finally get to have a "Europe" experience relative to your music study--it's high time! Maybe dad and I will come hear you play opera!

Kaitlan said...

So how do you find out about all of these wonderful things that you are involved in? This sounds like SO SO much fun, and I'm super jealous but so excited for you!

Elisa & Josh said...

That is SO awesome! What a talented gal you are! I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

How cool is that!!!!! You are having some amazing adventures!! Just enjoy some chocolate while there.

THE BELL HOUSE BLOG said...

Ok I knew I was going to like you but as soon as Adele came on when I pulled up your blog I knew we were meant to be soul mates! I love you Jamilyn! I am extremely jealous of your trip to Germany it calls my name on a daily basis. I will give you German lessons until you leave so that you are fluent. Hab dich lieb!

Laura said...

That is so exciting! I hope all the traveling goes well. Too bad cellos aren't built carry-on size. I wonder if you could pack some kind of extra padding around it in its case...? What a great opportunity for you!