Right now, Nathan and I are house/dog sitting for my sister and her husband while they are celebrating their anniversary in Moab. It's really fun to pretend like we own things... like a house, or like dogs.
Someday we will live in a house that's quiet. Where the only noise we hear is noise we make. Not noise from the busy street outside, or the loud uncle upstairs singing along to 80s rock or playing World Of Warcraft. Without squeaky floor boards or squawky parrots.
Someday we will live in a house with some privacy.
Someday we will live in a house where dogs are welcome.
Someday we will live in a house that can look clean and put together, because there will be plenty of closet and storage space.
OK, don't get me wrong. I really appreciate the place we live in right now. It's clean and cozy and cheap. But.. sigh... spending the past few days in a private and quite home has really made me dream.
Someday!
2 comments:
You are so cute. Enjoy your life now though, because all of the sudden 10 years will go by and it is completely different. (I do love my life though.) But I wish I took more advantage of no kids and less responsibility. You and your mom are so cute and two of my favorite people.
I had a dream about your mom a few weeks ago. It made me smile. She made me smile.
Amen sister! I have loved our apartments but there is something said about your own space. Just enjoy the good things and maybe start playing WOW with uncle jeff :) Can't wait to see you guys in November...and your apartment (I bet you don't believe that we will ever see it!)
Post a Comment