Saturday, August 29, 2015


After leaving Sand Hollow, we decided to head to Zions National Park.  The funny thing, though, was that since we weren't using our cell phones for navigation, we drove about 45 minutes too far north and then had to back track.  Woopsies.  

We came to Zions a just about two years earlier, for our babymoon- our one last hoorah as a family of 2.  I was 35 weeks pregnant.  I can't even believe it. We love this place. Thanks to Lacy and Brian for letting us use their awesome kinderpack, otherwise hiking here would have been a joke.  Nathan packed Clementine up and down the Emerald Pools trail, and then she finally fell asleep on the shuttle.  The kinderpack doesn't look so comfy for sleeping- when your head is cranked back the way Clementine choose to do it.  





We set up camp at the South Camp Ground- snagging one of the last spots left in the whole park.  After primitive camping, I wasn't sad at all to be right across the way from the bathrooms and the water pump.  And then we headed back out on the trails.  We put Clementine in the stroller and did the Canyon River Walk.  We even got to see one of the only 70 remaining California Condors left in the United States, just chillin' there next to the water.  Wildlife is cool, yo! 

After a full day of hiking and camp food, we were starving.  We ended up at a cute little Thai place just outside of the park for some of the best curry I've ever had.  Or maybe I was just extra hungry.  




No comments: