
MY GRADUATE RECITAL IS DONE!!!!!!
WOOOO HOOOOO!!! YEEEAAAAhhhhhhHHHHHH!!
And I feel REALLY GOOD about it.
And it's OVER!!!
Ok, so it wasn't perfect by any means. And I still have TONS to learn about being a good and confident performer. But that's why I'm getting my Doctorate degree, right? But really, I ROCKED the Dvorak concerto, and had a blast doing it. And that's why I feel so dang GOOD right now!!
Thanks to all my awesome Kalamazoo friends who came to support me! You guys rock! It's so much fun to play for people I love and care about. Thanks for clapping loud. :)
Thanks Mom, Dad... and Mike... for the flowers. Even from farrr away. So sweet.
After the recital and reception, I drove REALLY FAST to the beach and watched the sunset with friends. Then came home and picked up three weeks worth of clutter that had accumulated in my apartment while I was busy practicing. Then took a glorious bubble bath, and slept soundly until 9:00 am. Life of luxury.
Things I am excited to do now that I have time:
vacuum
laundry
clean the bathroom
play with Gloria
cook real food
spend time outside
walk to school
practice scales, arpeggios, and double stops
finish homework
go to the gym
get a pedicure
read books that have nothing to do with school
bike Kal Haven
hang out at the lake... any lake
use up the rest of my free movie tickets
hang out with friends who I might not ever see again in a few weeks
It's a little bit surreal to be living life after April 11. I worked myself up to it so much for so long, and now it's over. But it's a wonderfully sunshiny day, and I feel sunshiny inside. Life is fun and fancy free.
I love saying that.
10 comments:
I'm so proud of you Jami! "you did it!"-suzuki
Thanks for doing and being your best
YAY!!! Congrats on doing a great job! I'm sad I can't bike Kal Haven trail and use your movie tickets and get a pedicure and go to the lake with you. Remember when we did all that when I visited? I miss that. But I miss you more! I'm so glad you're so happy!!!
yay Jamie
Congrats on finishing, Enjoy your time in michigan these next few weeks, I am so happy for you that you are done. I was just thinking about our phone call we had two years ago when you first moves to michigan and me to oklahoma and how long of road we felt like we had before us and know i am already half way done and you are done and starting your next adventure. I am so glad that you have enjoyed your time in michigan and that you have been succesful. I cant wait to see you in august.
Hooooray!!! WE wish we could have been there but can't wait to see a recording? and of course the real redo one in UTAH when we are all there together. We still are going to Cafe Rio and jamba juice, right!? Congrats Jam, enjoy reading that book by the lake ;)
I'm so happy reading this.
Way to go Jamilynn!!! Be sure & let us know when the family recital is....Maybe you can play at one of Grandma's monthly partys. Can't wait until you move back to Zion.
Love ya,
The "other" Beckstroms.
Knowing you were playing RIGHT THEN and I wasn't there was...well, a weird mix of emotion. But you're DONE and you did it and you feel great and it's over and you rocked it and I'm so blasted happy for you I could bawl sugar! I can't wait to see and hear you play for us. Unwind now, soak up a little K-zoo for yourself, since your reserves are going to have to last awhile. Make a party! I love you...I'm so proud of your work.
Jealous! I want to be done for the summer :) Congrats on being done and we will see you soon!!!
What an accomplishment to have all that hard work lead to success! Enjoy the spring time in Michigan for soon that chapter will come to a close!
You ROCKED it for sure, GIRL!!
The Dvorak was INSANE! You should be feeling this good! And it's crazy! We're both graduating something at the same time, how cool is that?? It's weird having time, it's crazy how it gets filled up so fast anyway. Jami, I love you and you will be missed. We definitely have to make a hangout work next week. <3
Post a Comment