Even though it was about 102 degrees outside, we braved the heat and headed out after nap time for a Tracy Aviary adventure. I hadn't been to the aviary since I was in elementary school. I honestly couldn't remember anything about it. But we see it every time we go to play at the Liberty Park canyon fountains, and I remember that my Mom always loved the aviary, so it made it's way onto our Summer Bucket List.
Look at this awesome peacock! When we started taking this selfie, his tail was calm and relaxed in the usual "I'm not going to show you how awesome I can really be" fashion. But when he saw the camera on him, he got right into position and fanned himself out and surprised us both with his feather display. Thanks, Mr. Peacock!
I also think that these scarlet ibises are really pretty.
My favorite part, by FAR, was the Owl Forest. Maybe because it was all in the shade, and that makes all the difference on a hot summer day, or maybe because these owls are super cool creatures- but I was geeking out about owls. And Clementine kept "whoooo whooooo"-ing at them.
I think I like the aviary. I like feeling like I'm in nature, observing nature. I like the sounds of birds in nature. The aviary also has some really cool plants and trees that were fun to be around. And I think that birds are really fascinating, beautiful creatures. We were wussy about the heat. And we all got too tired and hungry by the end of our adventure. But this is a neat little nature-in-the-city oasis that I am glad that we explored.


No comments:
Post a Comment