Let the Michigan adventure begin! I headed out from Einstein Bagels in T-ville this morning around 9:00 am and rode i-80 east for 12 straight hours! With only my new GPS "Estelle" to guide me, I drove past Park City, Flaming Gorge, Yellowstone, Laramie, Cheyenne, and then a whole lotta nothin' in Nebraska. There was a spectacular rain storm through most of eastern Wyoming that made it tricky to see the road, but thank heavens for Estelle, I stayed right on track. I stopped for lunch at a gas station Subway, and asked the lady making my sandwich if we were in Nebraska yet. "God no", she said. "Don't insult us!" I didn't realize that Wyoming citizens somehow think they are higher ranked than Nebraska citizens. lol. Guess I won't make that mistake again. Funny enough, 2 miles out from that gas station, I hit the Nebraska border. It was that close. I hit a tired spot around 6 and had to stop listening to my book-on-tape, Austenland, and switch it out for Classic Rock that Ashley would be proud of. :) I finally made it to my modest little hotel in Lincoln, absolutely STARVING! The first place I saw was taco bell, and I just barely wolfed down 3 bean and rice burritos with fire sauce. I'm absolutely positive I'm going to be regretting that choice real soon. Tomorrow is the Lincoln to Kalamazoo leg of my journey, and KZoo is where I'll be until Christmas.
I'm nervous to meet my new roomies and to see my new house. I'm excited to get into the routine that the school year inevitably brings. I'm looking forward to working with Mr. Uchimura at Western! I'm excited for a new environment and new people. I miss my fam and friends already. I worry about my mom.

Pictures and more coming soon...
1 comment:
I'm so glad you're safe! And that you had the good sense to break out the classic rock music. Smart choice! Good luck on your drive tomorrow. I hope you're getting lots of rest in the great city of Lincoln, Nebraska! Bon Voyage et bonne chance, mon amie! Love, Ashley
Post a Comment