Sunday, August 17, 2008

Getting Settled

I went to church today... at the "kub", which stands for Kalamazoo university branch.  I made some new friends who are like me! -which is an exciting thing to find when you're 1500 miles from home.  The branch is small, but everyone is extremely tight with each other, and I feel like I have 22 new best friends.  And they already asked me to speak in church next week.  I think that's funny cause in my 4 years of USU student wards, I never once spoke in sacrament meeting.  

I also unpacked most of my stuff.  It feels nice to have a place that feels like my own here.  Tomorrow will be even better when I get pictures and stuff up on the walls.  Yay.  

I'm still looking for an internet connection in my house that is strong enough to let my upload more pictures and videos.  So far no such luck.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking of you and I am glad you made it to Kalamazoo. Yes there are many different things you will find different from Utah. I like how they call drinking "spirits" on the outside of the clubs. Life is really different and you will find that your branch is your life line. They rely on each other a lot. I can't wait to see pictures. Are you seeing fire bugs jumping at dusk? I wondered if they were still around. They are cool! Can hardly wait for the next chapter!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamilyn! Cute blog! I am so happy for you that you are out in Michigan! what an amazing experience!

fsqanne said...

Hello my darling girl! I'm so glad I remembered that you have a blog! I've just been doing some catch-up reading... I'm really pleased that you found "the kub" and that they've welcomed you so fondly. I know that you'll also find a nice gang of friends at school when things get started, and pretty soon Uchi will be keeping you plenty busy, besides! :) Enjoy making your new home comfy and keep on writing! Hugs from Utah (never mind that I'm actually in Cape Cod right now - you get the gist!).