Friday, September 19, 2008

Nauvoo YSA Conference


Note to my non-LDS readers, YSA is a church acronym for "Young Single Adults".  In the LDS faith there is much emphasis on marriage and family, so every so often they arrange conferences to get young... single... adults together to hopefully find a good LDS match and get married and live happily ever after.  There is lots of dancing and socializing time.  They also usually include inspirational speakers on church-related topics to give the young single adults an extra spiritual boost.  I recently attended one such conference with my MG friend, Sarah. Not so much to find my future husband, but to see beautiful Nauvoo!  Although I didn't find my eternal companion among the strange collection of not-so-young, yet VERY single men, I DID make some good friends and had myself a grand old time.  

I LOVE Nauvoo.  The church history there is all very cool... and definitely a spiritual boost.  As I mentioned in the previous post, Hurricane Ike went crazy on us, and Nauvoo was rainy and windy and buggy... but still somehow very beautiful.  And the temple there is incredible.  Thanks again Sarah for remembering your other midwest MG pal and inviting me along! 



So raise your hand if you remember the days of Jamilyn and Brady Fausett.  That last picture is of me and his Aunt... who is a site missionary in the Wilford Woodruff house.  Random to meet here there, huh?  I thought so.  

Other updates:  I rear ended a car last night on the way to a bridal shower.  Everyone involved is fine, but all the paint is chipped off my bumper and my car rattles when I accelerate.  Dang it.  And I have a little bit of a cold. 

 AND I have two dates ...to two different symphonies this weekend.  Tonight is Kalamazoo Symphony with my viola friend Ruan... who is actually in the Kalamazoo Symphony and got me a comp ticket to the performance and musicians after-party.  Then tomorrow night is with Darren to the Grand Rapids Symphony playing a Disney Tribute.  I'm going to be all date and symphony-ed out! 

Love to my friends and fam.  I miss you guys... esp. my mom and my girls.  

11 comments:

Steve said...

hey jamie i remember the brady days. sorry about your car that is to bad. Navoo looks so cool I hope we can meet out there some time I can't believe how close all these different places are. It makes living in the midwest fun. We miss you to and keep in touch. Love ya Lynsie

Anonymous said...

Too much fun on the weekends!!! I am glad you got to go to Nauvoo as well. You are seeing the sights of Michigan as well. Thanks for keeping the updates from Michigan! I love to read them.

Zaq said...

Marriage is a great institution. I hear it's highly recommended.

Stephanie said...

jamilyn. i miss you terribly. thats all. have a great day!!

PS, you look fantastic!

Here And Happy! said...

You're out of my league now, having seen all the Nauvoo sites. I remember the Brady days--especially mini-golfing with dad. LOL! Everything looks so beautiful, from you to that temple. Hope all is well with your sick car and your sick self. I'll call. Love you much!

AdrianneJayne said...

Aww! That looks so fun! I love sarah eames and heard all about creepster! :)

Adam B said...

That stinks about the car, I bet dad was thrilled! It looks like you had fun at Nauvoo. Isn't it appropriately named, "The Beautiful" I think...hope you had fun this weekend on your symphonic dates. Love and miss ya!

Morgan said...

Wow, I do love Michigan! I miss it greatly! I am so glad to hear things are going well for you out there! Yes Bryce was great and I still cannot stop listening to him. As for the picture of the water tower, I was so fascinated by them while we were out there! Ha! Good times

Rudi said...

I love Nauvoo! Was it your first time there?

Katie said...

This is me raising my hand!!! :) I had forgotten all about those days. That's so great you got to see Nauvoo!! Was it your first time there? I want to see it one day. I'm sorry to hear about your car. Car troubles are no fun but I'm glad your ok. I always feel silly trying to tell a car mechanic what's wrong with my car. "It makes this wierd, RRRRRrrr clickety-click noise... Ya, umm... here's the keys." Oh man... I hope you get it fixed without much trouble! I miss you so much!!

Staci said...

james!!! SO MUCH going on! holy moly! hey, if my ex-boyfriend wouldn't have been such a punk, we would've gotten married. and we met at a YSA conference! they're not so bad... :)