Thursday, September 4, 2008

Woah Today...!

My blog got a new look... do you like it?  Somehow while changing the template, I lost all of my old gadgets.  So I had to "rebuild".  's ok I guess.  

I waited all yesterday for an email from Nathan.  Nothing came and I thought I'd have to wait clear till next Monday.  What a happy surprise to come home from school today and have a wonderful new email from him in my inbox!  

And I got to go look at the Yellow House studio apartment today!  It's TINY but adorable and I WANT it.  I'm crossing my fingers that it all works out.  You can too if you want.  

I had my orchestra audition and I MADE PRINCIPAL CELLIST!  That was a good boost in my grad student confidence here surrounded by amazing undergrads.  

BLARG!  Intro to music research class is going to kick my butt.  There are only 10 of us in the class and we all meet around a big table in a tiny room in the library.  "knights of the roundtable of writing million-page papers of doom" class is what I think I'll call it.  I need to find a music related topic that interests me that I can research and find at least 50!!!! sources for.  And... I need this topic by Monday.  Any recommendations?  

I went to lunch today with new michigan music friends.  :)

My "pitch systems and tunings" class is fascinating!  

My first cello lesson with Bruce was inspiring!

My first days of school have been exciting!


5 comments:

Rudi said...

Hey Jamilyn! I like your fall goals... especially number 9. :) good luck with that!

Here And Happy! said...

I loved the old blog so much, but I think this new one will grow on me. I couldn't find your tunes, and that was sad. It's fun to hear about your immersion into grad school with all the trimmings--keep posting and remember who loves you most!I'm all crossed fingers and prayin' for the BEST yellow house result for you. Yo' Mama

AdrianneJayne said...

I'm so glad to see things are treating you well.... well, besides the icky round-table class! You can do it, I know! Kiss the midwest for me. I miss it (i'm just gonna asssume michigan is the midwest).
:)

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to move. The original pad sounds too crazy especially if you are suppose to be a serious grad student...Too many issues going on there. You sound so grown up with your goals and all and then with your school days. Keep enjoying the life!

Steve said...

Jamie you blog is classic. Congradulation on making it to be Principal Cellist, that is incredible.