Thursday, September 17, 2009

REGINA!

Friend Nick and I went to the REGINA SPEKTOR concert Tuesday Night! Which was especially fun, because I didn't know we were going until Monday!

On my lengthy list of favorite music, Regina is probably on the very top. I can't even imagine counting how many times I've laughed, cried, and danced crazy around my room to Regina tunes.

"Some songs are so familiar that listening to them is like... being home."

So we drove to Ann Arbor to soak in some Regina at the awesome Michigan Theater. Sometimes I make weird faces. But I was excited.


This was the band that opened. I don't even remember what they are called, but they were fun. Look at the guy second in from the right. He looks like he's wearing disguise glasses with a big nose and mustache. But HE'S NOT. It's his real face. I think.

And then it was Regina. Did I mention we were sitting on the SECOND ROW? It was incredible. And she is incredible. The concert flew by so fast.

The only thing that was weird was that since there were seats, instead of General Admission open floor, people didn't stand up and dance ever. It's a different experience to enjoy your favorite music sitting politely instead of rockin' out. I just rocked out on the inside instead.

Man, I've missed concerts like this! It was fun to see Rudi, Jake, and Emily on the same row as us. And fun eating with them at Pizza House after.

I have to admit that it was a major "I miss Nathan" moment. After all, he did introduce me to the wonderfulness of Regina back in 2005. And we went to our first Regina concert together in 2007. And I can't listen to songs like "Samson" or "That Time" without thinking about him. I am, after all, his sweetest uprise. :)

So I bought him a concert t-shirt, and I'll wait for him to get home to tell him all of the amazing details of the concert, as to not make him trunky. And then we'll listen to her new album together, and probably all of her old albums too. Because I'm sure he misses her ...almost as much as he misses me.

"We counted up our feelings and divided them up evenly and called our calculation perfect love!"

But, Nick deserves a trophy for finding these tickets. And for putting up with me and all of my crazy mixed up MG emotions. And for being a good friend. A million thanks, pal!

5 comments:

Stephi said...

good for you! I'm glad you had a great time!

sarah joelle said...

mmm. regina is the bomb.com. i am jealous you got to see her in concert. and i loooove her new album. SO GOOD.

Bret and Kari VZ said...

Hey beautiful!!
give me a call we have to hang out!

Rudi said...

woohoo! we love regina!

Anonymous said...

oh that? thats just nick's mustache. i wouldnt worry about that.