Sunday, September 6, 2009

Summer Goals Evaluation

Wow.  In the life of Jamilyn Beckstrom, I would say that this summer does not rank among the best I've ever had. But I guess I'll evaluate my goals anyway.  It's good for me. 

  • 1.Provident Living.  

I guess this went ok.  I'm getting better at only spending money on things I truly need, instead of silly wants.  And I took a provident living institute class, so I have more PL skillz now.  And I started a mini- food storage.  :)

2. Read a New Book Every Month.  

I started out by reading The Secret Garden.  Then I read LIFETypes.  And Confessions of An Ugly Stepsister.  And Walden.  (Which also improved my knowledge and desire for provident living!).  Plus I listened to Harry Potter 6 and half of Harry Potter 7 on CD.  

3. Matthew 5:48.  

    My secret goal with Elder Morris.  FAILURE!  But I have increased desire to start again and do better. 

4. Journal, Scriptures, Pray. 

 Hit and miss.  Jeez, when am I going to make this a priority?

5. Bike More than Drive.  

Well, maybe not MORE, but I did bike a lot.  And I love it.  

6. Run.  

    Also FAILURE.  When I was restricted to glasses all summer long, I got discouraged about running, and simply didn't do it.  But my contacts came now, so I'm excited to start again.  

7. Wake Up by 8 am. 

     This went pretty well.  I just love being up and around when the world is still quiet.  Now, if I can just consistently make myself go to bed at a reasonable hour every night, this goal will go better!  

It's FALL!  Can ya feel it?  School FINALLY starts Tuesday.  And new FALL goals to come.  

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I love your goals. :) you did well :) What was 3 exactly though? lol

Here And Happy! said...

Who would have ever thought you'd turn out to be a goal-setter when you wouldn't even keep a practice chart in your childhood? I'm inspired. No, I am! I'm going to set some new ones myself.

Anonymous said...

my goal is to swear more

Kaitlan said...

Jamilyn! I miss you! I need a jamilyn chat...I'm considering grad school...where do i even begin?

Mrs. Douglas said...

I just thought u should know i often sit on your blog and let the music play as i study, clean, pick my nose etc because I LOVE your playlist :)