Friday, November 28, 2008

Grattitude... a day late

But really, it's never too late for gratitude, right?  Here is my post-Thanksgiving addition.

* I finished my research paper for my Intro to Music Research class.  The paper was 17 pages long, and the bibliography was 13 pages long.  Needless to say, I've been working HARD!  I turned it in at 11:00 am. on Wednesday and practically skipped away from class.  I was so excited.  It was like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  

* I had a fabulous Thanksgiving meal at Anna Laura's parents house.  It was my first Thanksgiving away from my family, and I'm so grateful for the Artz-Iffland family and their hospitality.  It was fun to see that families, no matter how different they look from my own,  all have quirks and traditions and no matter what... LOVE.  

* I am thankful that time is constantly ticking on.  Some things may seem like they are SO FAR AWAY, but the cool thing is that every second that goes by is another second closer to those things.  And that makes me more grateful for the time I have BETWEEN now and those things.  I need to make the most of the time I have and be grateful for it.  To everything there is a season.  

* I also had a second Thanksgiving at my Branch President's house after Anna Laura's house... cranberry-apple-walnut pie??  Yes please.  The missionaries were there.  I LOVE being around missionaries.  I love the Johnson's house.  And the Johnsons.  And my friends there.

* I'm thankful for my FAMILY!!  I got to talk to them on the phone last night after a day of eating.  No other people on the planet are as good at making me feel loved and wanted as they are.  Maybe Nathan is as good at those things too.  Wouldn't it have been fun to talk to HIM last night??  One more month, and then I CAN!!  Eek!  :) :) :) 

* Man, life is great.  I seriously have so much to be grateful for.  I love my education, my town, my friends, my family, my house, my guinea pig, my happiness.  I LOVE how Christmas is preceded by Thanksgiving.  What a better way to start the season of celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ than to ponder on and be grateful for all the things that he has given us.  

I'm coming back to SLC in 13 days.  "I'll be home for Christmas.... You can count on me!"  

5 comments:

Zaq said...

First thanksgiving away - different huh? it truly puts things in perspective.

Anonymous said...

You have so many things to write about on your Michigan adventure. How great for you!!!! It will be great to see you...you had better cross the street.

Stephi said...

Oh, Jami! I am so inspired by you. Don't worry, I was about to write my gratitude list just now, and that's a bit more than a day late. but it is never too late for gratitude. I am SO glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I was thinking about you a lot over break, so I'm glad to hear you had a great time. I'm excited about our little party tomorrow. I can't wait! Love, Stephi

Katie said...

I can't wait to see you when you get home!! Sad thing is I'll be working my crazy crazy hours at my job! But I miss you and am excited to hang out after Christmas!! I hope Gloria is better.

Ashley said...

Jami's coming home!! I'm so excited! I'll be counting down!