Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lamest of the Lame

I feel like my blog is lame lately.

My guinea pig, Gloria, is home and healthy from the vet.

Her favorite thing to eat is green peppers. 

One of my favorite things to eat is red peppers.

I should be writing a paper on Penderecki's use of microtonal tunings in his 20th century compositions.   

I'd rather not.

It's due on Friday.  Blah.

Michigan is really really cold.

I just ate lunch at Shwarma.

I tried grape leaves for the first time ever.  YUM.

Also hummus is yummus.  And chili lime fries.

Does it seem like everyone is getting married these days?

Yes it does.  

I'll be 23 years old in 8 days.  

I don't feel 23 years old.  

I'll be in Utah again in 8 days.

Do people eat hummus in Utah?

My tummy is still kind of sicky from the Thanksgiving turkey I impulsively ate.

Vegetarians shouldn't eat Turkey.  Ever.

I hope I get a letter from Nathan today.

But if I don't, that's fine too.  I'm glad he's busy.

Pray for him and Elder Rogers, ok?

I want to go running but it's too cold.  I think my lungs would shrivel up.

We read through Don Juan and Tchaikovsky Symphony #4 today in orchestra.  Cool repertoire!

Man, I have lots of work to do.

I think I have a date this week.  Like a real date.  Weird?

Yes!!

But also kinda fun, right?  

I miss Nathan.

I miss my girls.

I miss my fam.

Do I sound unhappy?  Cause I'm not unhappy.

I just need a break.  

One week.  

One talent show.

2 papers.  2 finals.  1 jury.  

One plane ride.  

Home.

7 comments:

Stephi said...

I feel ya.
So what about Friday night? All of your papers will be done. I can bring my pink nail polish. :)
Just tell me what day works best for you. love ya!

Ashley said...

I've been wanting to try hummus! So when you get back, lets go get some. I hear Katie loves the hummus harvest sandwiches at Great Harvest, so we might have to make a stop there.

Stephi said...

yay! Friday it is. Thanks for your message. I am doing okay, no worries. We can talk about it on Friday.
love ya!

cuzimmom said...

Are you bringing Gloria home to meet the family? Do you want her cousin Pickles (Sarah's ferrot) to come play?
Love ya & can't wait to see ya!!
Aunt Jan

Katie Abernethy said...

Hey Jamilyn-its your Michigan pal. You go to Michigan State, right? How's it treating you? How's Nathan doing? Your blog is way cute, contrary to your belief. :) I agree that Michigan is too cold-stay warm!

Here And Happy! said...

Come home sweet pea!

fsqanne said...

Yep, people eat hummous in Utah. In fact, some of us make our own. I've been making it for years, but dating a Lebanese guy (and getting to know his Mama pretty well), taught me how to make it for real. I'll make you some when you come visit! When is that happening, by the way? I can't WAIT!