So I'm back in the SLC. Which is cool I guess. There's just not a lot to do here without a cello and without a car and without many friends in town. But I made a trip to the library and picked up a new book... it's called Prep. I've only read one page so far, but I think I like it. I also picked up a recording of Tchaik Symphony #4 to start preparing for next semester's orchestra auditions. Next step: find a cello and start practicing!! I'm feeling kinda antsy.
Look! Pictures!! It's been a while, right? The following pictures are things that have made me happy in the last couple of days.
A package came for me in the mail today. From the missionary. A willow tree statue, a cologne sample of his favorite Crave, henna paste, 4 sticks of incense, an SD card full of pictures and videos, and a fantastic letter. This man knows what his girl likes. lol. Happy Birthday/ Christmas to me! And I wasn't even expecting him to send anything at all. It was a surprise... the best kind of prize there is!
Today I went to lunch and hung out with my sister Emily. She recommended the most fantastic little dive vegetarian Vietnamese place and I LOVED IT! Then I finally got started on my Christmas shopping. With less than 2 weeks till Christmas. Oh man.
This is us being our silly selves... playing around in the curtain display at Bed Bath and Beyond.
We're so cool.
These next pictures are of me at Temple Square. My favorite Christmas place to be!
It says I love you in Spanish. I love someone in spanish...
Isn't this BeAuTiFuL?? The reflecting pond with the floating lights is my absolute favorite.
I love to see the temple, I'm going there someday...
This is my castle, folks. Pretty, huh?
I went to see the lights with a bunch of wonderful MGs... missionary's girls. We are all so different and have such different stories and situations, but when we come together, it's like we've been friends forever. All because of our missionaries. Thank heaven for these girls. Jesus loves his MGs. I love them too.
And now I have a confession to make. I usually LOVE Christmas music and can't get enough of it, but this year I can hardly stand it! Being in the stores today surrounded by all the Christmas music almost drove me crazy! And I try to listen to it on the radio, but I just can't do it. It all sounds so stupid and frivolous. And this is a horrible, scrooge-ish attitude. Why am I feeling this way? Is anyone else with me? What should I do?
6 comments:
Lovin the yellow pants! :)
A package from your boy! How cute! :) YAY!
ok a few things.
a. i think i've read Prep. and i think i loved it. i'm such a fan of books like that, haha. its kind of a weakness.
b. i LOVE that little willowtree statuette thing that you got! that's the one i want to have in my house when i get married.
Are you a music snoot now? Christmas music is what it is...temporary! Enjoy the festive atmosphere.
awwwww... what a sweet man sending you such awesome things. That willow tree figurine is my absolute favorite. When I get married I'm going to get it and keep it for always. :) What awesome pictures. Don't worry about the Christmas music. Yesterday I was at the dentist and she said she was getting so tired of it because they play the same song over and over, so I'm sure she feels your pain. What I like to do is just sing with it and add my own improvisations - that might help. :) but like the one said above me - only 1 week left anyways! I love you very much! what's his address so I can send my letter?
"Prep" by Curtis Sittenfeld? I loved that book... it gets a little racy at times, but nothing you can't handle. :)
What a GREAT X-mas surprise from Elder M.! So sweet.
Post a Comment