I honestly love school
I love learning
I love playing cello
I love being in Michigan
I love living on my own
I love my independence (well, relative independence...)
I have great friends here. Not just good friends, but seriously great friends
I have a great emotional support system
I'm stronger than I give myself credit for sometimes
I can do hard things!!!!
I like doing hard things
I'm good at doing hard things
I'm not "trunky" for Elder Morris
I do not want him to be anywhere but on his mission right now
I don't need him as much as I once thought I did
But I still love him. Quite a bit.
And I'll still wait
But I'm certainly not sitting at home, pining on a Friday night!
I'm not that girl
I like this: "Never judge someone until you've walked a mile in their moccasins"
and: "You can't judge a book by its cover"
Indeed you can't!
This part of Garden State has been in my head lately:
Andrew: You know that point in your life when you realize that the house that you grew up in isn't really your home anymore? All of the sudden, even though you have some place where you can put your stuff, that idea of home is gone.
Sam: I still feel at home in my house.
Andrew: You'll see when you move out. It just sort of happens one day and it's just gone. And you can never get it back. It's like you get homesick for a place that doesn't exist. I mean, it's like this rite of passage, you know? You won't have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself, you know, for your kids, for the family you start. It's like a cycle or something. I miss the idea of it. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss the same imaginary place.
Sam: I still feel at home in my house.
Andrew: You'll see when you move out. It just sort of happens one day and it's just gone. And you can never get it back. It's like you get homesick for a place that doesn't exist. I mean, it's like this rite of passage, you know? You won't have this feeling again until you create a new idea of home for yourself, you know, for your kids, for the family you start. It's like a cycle or something. I miss the idea of it. Maybe that's all family really is. A group of people who miss the same imaginary place.
I relate.
These thoughts have been bumping around inside my brain this entire week. No wonder it's been hard to sleep, right? But it all comes down to this: I'm doing a lot of heavy learning/thinking/pondering lately. What I like about it is that the more I do, the more things come into focus. Clarity to banish silly drama. To quote Jamie from my favorite soundtrack: "I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm FINE!"
Really.
5 comments:
Come home little p. duck.
Yeah, Jami! Way to go! I had an AWESOME time with you last night. You are a GREAT listener and I can tell that you really understand and appreciate what I'm going through. And I feel the same way about you. A little drama is okay sometimes, just as long as you know that you'll get through it, and I think that's what you're figuring out. Love ya, babe! I'll make sure to write a letter to your missionary before this break is up. :)
Love,
Stephi
Guess what...you are coming home in three days! I just wanted to make you aware. We are excited to see you and Caroline can't wait to show you all of her new tricks. Good luck with finals, etc. if you are not already finished!!!
to quote another movie the italian job...
you know what fine stands for, right?
freaked out
insecure
neurotic
emotional
haha!
miss jamilyn, you are such a wonderful and strong person. i look up to you so much. i'm really glad that you are on your own and loving your life and school and friends. its great to have that support system. i too, understand, about home. i feel like i'm living at home, but i'm not at home. i'm just staying in a really nice guest room. but my home is far, far away from here. i'm not sure where it is. it was austria. and it still might be. or it might be colorado. or california. or china. or new zealand. but its not in logan anymore. i really miss you. and i'm excited for you to come back this week. i'm going to be in slc this weekend and would love to go out to lunch or dinner if you want!!! i'll call you. good luck with everything! LOVE YOU!!!
good luck with finals.
Post a Comment